Monday, August 9

[the Lake] Part 10: the Lake!

The lake was really beautiful, full of trees, glowing water, hills, and amazing sunsets. I'm pretty sure there were some amazing sunrises, but I never made it up to see one until the last day (picture to come)!

The owners of the house had a boat on site that we could rent. So we went on a rainy boat ride on Tuesday afternoon and a gorgeous {eventful} boat ride on Thursday. You might remember this post. Yup, that's what made the Thursday ride eventful for us!

Addie decided she was {scared} and didn't want to go on the boat. But her Daddy and I knew she was 1.) safe and 2.) with us and decided we would go anyway. That pouting lasted all of .5 seconds! She had a blast!
bIMG_1586
Because how can you not have a blast riding on a {boat} with Grandpa, Ms. Gail, Uncle Jay, Kira, Graham and Uncle Ron...
bIMG_1617
 ...and white heron/egrets
bIMG_1635
...and a deer with her fawn
bIMG_1607
...and wingback chairs!
bIMG_1672

On Thursday, when Addie, Uncle Jay, and I went tubing, there were even more fun people on the boat! Cousin Alan, Cousin Katelyn, Cousin Timmy, Aunt Millie, Uncle Jay, Cousin Kira...
bIMG_1845
Lauren with baby Nolen, Aunt Pat, Uncle Ron, Aunt Jan...oh, and Mommy :)
bIMG_1847
And I think most of us ended up in the rather warm water. I didn't realize how hard it was to tread water with a two year old grabbing your hair and swimsuit! Thankfully I ended up sitting on a life jacket and didn't go under too many times!
bIMG_1875
I finally got Addie to let me hold her life jacket or just her hand, and we were both much happier!
bIMG_1858

No comments:

Post a Comment