Thursday, August 5

Three Months

It always amazes me when another month rolls around. Days seem to go so slowly sometimes, yet weeks and months seem to speed by. I often find myself stopping even in the midst of the chaos and trying to savor the moments: the smiles, the coos, the intense curiosity, the feedings, even the crying. I now know how fast it goes.

This past month has opened up a whole new world for the girls. They love to smile and talk to you. They both have increased head control, which I'm discovering has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I'm no longer holding limp noodles that move and bend exactly as I direct. I feel like I'm fighting against them sometimes. I always know when they have grown because my arms and neck start to ache, but it is amazing to me how much they change each day and each week.
month3
Their little personalities just keep emerging. People really like to try to peg them: who cries more, who's happier, who talks or smiles more, who's the bad/good one {?}; but every time I think I have them pegged as their mother, they prove me wrong. I keep thinking one needs more sleep than the other and they flip. I was certain one was waking us up every night, and the next week it was completely opposite. So I continue to encourage people not to label them or even compare them. As their mother, I don't want to ever limit them because of a perception that I might have developed years (ok, months or weeks) before.

I love how they surprise me every day. I love how they are starting to really interact with Addie. I love how each of our three girls are already three very different individuals.

Anne Perry
APmonth3
  • Has some rather serious expressions (note the pictures).
    bIMG_2260
    • Continues to be quite the observer.
    • Is often accused of crying more, but I'm pretty certain that's not true.
    • Started really babbling & talking.
    bIMG_2248
    • Inhales a deep, loud breath after talking that sounds like she just saw something frightening (like my mom used to frequently do when I was learning to drive!)
    • Very selective with her smiles (which makes them even more special).
    bIMG_2291
    • Loves to grab things with her hands & feet still.
    • Let's you know when she has a poopy diaper...immediately!
    • Loves the bouncy seat & is likes the swing more and more.
    bIMG_2228

    Audrey Kate
    AKmonth3
    • Loves her play mat & will stay there for extended periods of time.
    • Hates the heat to the point of tears.
    bIMG_2288
    • Loves to smile & talk to you.
    bIMG_2276

    • Spits up mid-feeding, after each feeding, when you put her down, and on cue when she's put in her car seat; can soak through a bib like it's her job!
    bIMG_2312
    • Started consistently grabbing things w/ her feet & hands
    • Feels heavier than even last week and has some super cute, chubby cheeks!

    bIMG_2314

    Both girls
    • Prefer to be up & out looking around.
    • Have slept 7-8 at night hours at least four times over the last week+
    • Love their playmat, swing, and bouncy seat!
    • Love to snuggle! ;)
    • Know immediately when we enter the grocery store or walmart and demand (i know, shocking) to be held!
    • Let us know when they're tired. It's like a light switch and usually within minutes of each other: get fussy, pick up, give paci & snuggle & are off to sleep within minutes!
    • Love their mobiles/rattles/hanging toys!
    • Can be screaming at the top of their lungs (tired), lay one up on each of my shoulders, they grab hands and stop crying...amazing!
    bIMG_2298
    I know they aren't identical twins. I know they are only siblings. But there is a sweet bond there, and I love it!

    Happy 3 months little girls!

    5 comments:

    1. ok, i know i've said this several times recently, but that REALLY IS my favorite post ever! i love how you talked about each of the girls' sweet personalities, how you lined the pics up side-by-side from over the past three months, and how you put them each beside the bunny to show how much they're growing (AMAZING, by the way)! (i'm also laughing my head off at addie's panty-parade among the photos...so cute!)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh my word, they are all three adorable! I love that AP and AK are like a mini-Anna and a mini-Paul, respectively (at least for now :-)). Chad was commenting earlier on how much AK's likeness to Paul highlights how much of you Addie has in her. How amazing that all three of them not only have very distinct personalities, but distinct looks too. (All beautiful, of course!) In other news, my child has been BEGGING to see Addie. We must get them together soon!

      ReplyDelete
    3. First of all, I LOVE these photos! Second, Audrey Kate really lookes like Paul... especially in that last individual close-up! I didn't really notice the likeness last week, but I can really see it in the pictures!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I think Anne Perry looks like you and Audrey Kate really resembles Addie in these pictures. They are just SO precious!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love the different underwear for Addie in her appearances here. You would think it would be potty training, but rainwater in a pot on the table and a two-year-old don't mix.

      ReplyDelete