Tuesday, August 3

{the Lake} Part 6: the Family

What's a family trip without family pictures?

Our plan was to take one picture with the entire family.

I simply cannot imagine how that would have turned out! ;)

But due to people having to leave early, others coming late and babies going to bed; it became impossible!

As the picture taker, I'm pretty sure I can count my blessings for that one this year (mainly because of our 2 year old!)

Here's the rundown on the attendees:
{5 children}: our 3 month old twins, a 9 month old, a 16 month old, and a 28 month old...otherwise known as a 2 year old!

{5 teenagers}: enough said. but seriously. these were some of the greatest kids to be around and they were all so sweet to our girls!
bDSC_0395-2

{7 young/younger adults}: ranging from around 23 to 34

{7 adults}: (i wouldn't dare call them older adults!) basically, the grandparent/great aunt/great uncle generation.

The 4 siblings are: Paul's Uncle Dennis, Aunt Jan, Uncle Ron, and his dad. They've been taking a family trip for years...at least 30+ years! Wow! We feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful tradition! Everyone, and I mean everyone, was a HUGE help with the babies. From keeping an extra eye on Addie to holding babies to playing with Addie and Kira, they were wonderful!

So let's get to the pictures already...

We'll save the {best most humerous} pictures for last and start with the youngest sibling's family:

bDSC_0362
{Annemarie, Dennis, Laura, Timmy}


bIMG_2183
leave it to these boys to be the ones to get randomly sprayed by the pool cleaner!
bIMG_2190
{Graham, Jan, Duncan, Travis, not pictured: Tom}

bIMG_2126
{Ron and Pat, Lauren and Alan with baby Nolen, Katelyn}
bIMG_2131
I just loved this picture of them!

Paul's dad: aka Grandpa is the oldest. He loves to be called the {paterfamilias}, but that got him in a bit of trouble with his siblings. According to them, the {paterfamilias} picks up the tab! Can you imagine picking up the entire tab for 24 people for 7 days!?! Thankfully, their {bark} was bigger than their {bite}, and I'm pretty sure they split it all!

We never could get everyone looking at the camera, smiling or not crying!
Take 1:
bIMG_2021
Take 2:
bIMG_2027-2

Take 3:
bIMG_2014
{Millie, Gail, me, Jay, Grandpa, Paul, Kira, Audrey Kate, Anne Perry, Addie}

Just in case you missed the faces...
girls
...and a super cute one of Kira
bIMG_2041-3

But things really fell apart when I tried to get a picture of Grandpa and the granddaughters...
bIMG_2036-3

Things went from bad...
bIMG_2039

...to worse!
bIMG_2040
...really fast!

So we resorted to Grandpa and just the babies!
bIMG_2058

And the {whole} family!
family pic 5x7 with words

Many more pictures to come as soon as I figure out how to organize a select few from the {975} I took!

2 comments:

  1. My two favorites are (1) the Langs getting sprayed and (2) the first picture of Grandpa with the four girls where 3/4 of them are crying! Thank you for being the family photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Times....love the meltdowns.....oh how I understand :) The family is just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete