Thursday, August 19

Please Read

I know you've heard me talk about the our friends the Lewis', but I'm not sure I've shared with you all that their family means to us. Let's just say...it's a lot.

They are such an amazing example of faith, perseverance, and hope. Their strength comes solely from our God; and no matter what they face, they consistently shout praises to our awesome God!

They are in the process of adopting a little boy from Ethiopia. They received their referral about two weeks ago, after many months of waiting. They finally had, in their hands, a picture of what I know must have been the most beautiful little boy! A mere 6 weeks old, barely over 5 pounds, hand picked for their family.

But God had other plans for little Judah, to take him home even before he could meet his forever family. I don't even attempt to understand the why here. I can't even fathom the heartache their family is experiencing right now.

But instead of being angry or depressed, instead of just giving up or giving in, their family is only more determine to ensure Judah did not die in vain. In everything this family does, they seek to glorify God's name; and this is no exception.

Instead of me trying to share with you something that I cannot adequately put into words, I'm asking that you please redirect to their blog and read these two posts:

here

and

here

And then I'm asking that you do something about it! Because we must.

dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 john 3:18

2 comments:

  1. thank you, sweet friend. i love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this link with me. You are so right; They are an incredible testimony of taking God's shining light into the darkest of times.

    ReplyDelete