Tuesday, February 17

Happy Birthday!

No...not Addie's birthday yet; but it was a great excuse to practice decorating a cake! No...her cake won't be a flower either...but again, good practice!

Last Wednesday was my mom's 64th birthday...Addie's Rie Rie! I know she won't mind me sharing her age...because she's 64 years young! After battling breast cancer 2 and a half years ago, we are so thankful for each birthday that we are blessed to celebrate with her! And of course...it was her 1st birthday with Addie, which was all the more fun!

My mom made many of my brother's and my cakes when we were growing up...Big Bird, a train, and who knows what else! I remember begging her to let me "decorate" a cake at completely random times! So naturally, I would need to make Addie's 1st birthday cake! Right?!?!? Easier said than done!

My attempt at decorating my first cake wasn't perfect...but apparently it wasn't a disaster either! We sent over half of it to work with Paul the next day, and he didn't come home with any! We'll just have to see how Addie's comes out...in a month!

She was exhausted here...so a little zoned! When she's sleepy, she chews on her lovey like that. Then again, when TWO teeth are about to erupt, she chews on her lovey too!

Happy Birthday Rie Rie!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! You did a fantastic job!! I did a butterfly for Savannah's 2nd b-day and let's just say that I am in no way a cake decorator! I'm just glad she didn't care and just wanted to eat it! Anyways, very pretty! Love you bunches! - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks beautiful, Anna as does your Mom and Addie. Hope to see you when we're there in March!

    ReplyDelete