Friday, February 6

There was a little girl...
















My grandmother used to say this poem to me...ok ok...a slightly different version of course! Probably because I had several curls and I really was horrid when I was bad. But I couldn't say that about our baby girl...at least not when she's sick!

When she woke up from her morning nap today, she had this perfect little curl standing straight up on the front of her head! It really stood up just like that on its own! I couldn't pass up getting some pictures of her! The lighting was really strange, which made her hair and eyes look really dark in a few of the pictures.

Although still a little cranky and extremely mommy clingy, she's doing a lot better than even this morning! Her little bumps look more like sores and are a tad bigger and redder, but they don't seem to bother her. Her only "mouth moment" today was when I gave her a chedder bunny (like a goldfish cracker). Tears started streaming down her face, she held the cracker on her tongue with her mouth wide open and drool pouring out. It obviously hurt, and it broke my heart! Once I took the cracker out, she ate most of a bagel with cream cheese...a new, fun food!

Thank you all for your sweet, encouraging comments you left on the other post. It always makes you feel better to know that others have those "Alrighty God, I can't do this on my own so You'll have to give me the strength" moments! And He always does! Isn't God good!

Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I'm glad she's feeling better this morning...it's such a helpless feeling when you just have to let things "run their course". :-( How's the just-won't-go-away sinus infection today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that she is feeling better. But, oh so sad about the cheddar bunny :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray two times. Addie is feeling better and your outlook on life has swung in the opposite direction. Addie even discovered the blissfulness of a bagel with cream cheese. Life really is good.

    When you have a chance, check out our site. We passed along a bit of love your way:

    http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/2009/02/whats-love-got-to-do-with-it.html

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete