**Update: Of course Addie proved me totally wrong! She slept until 4:30am this morning! I'll write a post like this once a month if she'll go back to that predictable schedule!
------------------------------
When Addie was little, we could lay her in her bed sideways, like below, without her feet or head even touching the sides...and she'd never move!!! Now when we lay her in her bed, she can manage to turn herself sideways...but in order to stay that way, she has to prop her feet up because she's too long, like below!
Sleep is such a finicky thing with babies. I know, I know...of course our baby girl sleeps through the night and has since she was 2 weeks old. Right? Not! Maybe a few times, of course; but I don't think that constitutes as being consistent! Now, I'm not saying that some babies don't in fact do that! I know many moms might not admit that their child doesn't sleep through the night! All of us want our babies to...right? In all honesty, Addie was sleeping through the night for a while. Then we started traveling over and over, she got sick, the teeth started coming in...and then all of that repeated itself! One night, we get a whole 10 hours. The next night, she's up 3 times? She is doing considerably better developing healthy sleep habits, especially with napping. So...like I said, sleep is such a finicky thing.
I can't say that I always love getting up with her...but I can honestly say that I am incredibly thankful that we have a baby who's 1.) healthy, 2.) a good eater, and 3.) attached to us! So even in a pure state of utter exhaustion, I cannot help but thank God for our baby girl as I lay her back in her bed at 3 a.m.
I suppose it's really all just good payback...my mom told me just the other day that I didn't sleep through the night until I was in kindergarten. ...it might be a long 5 years!
It's crazy, isn't it? Bennett really did sleep through the night every night until we moved and then everything changed. Now I can't predict when she's sleep. Just last night she was up twice and then up for good an hour before she normally gets up. Who knows? But, like you, I'm just glad to get up with her while I can. I'd much rather have her here sleeping odd hours than be off at college. :-(
ReplyDeleteOnly 4 yrs and 1 month to go!!!
ReplyDelete