Tuesday, June 16

The Animals Have Something to Say...

...they hoop and hollar and chirp away!

You may remember this toy:

(6 months) & (9 months)

We first saw it at our friend Allison's house, and then when Lauren posted a picture of Bennett with one, it was a done deal. It was probably the 1st toy we actually bought Addie, and she still pulls it out and plays with it. Now that's a well worth it toy!

But all of that was just a side note :)

Addie's love of cats has recently transferred to a love of complete obsession with dogs! Anything and everything is a dog. When she sees a cat, she says "Dog!" and makes a woof sound.
When she sees an elephant, she yells "Dog!" and makes a woof sound. When she sees a rabbit, she exclaims "Dog!" and makes a woof sound. You get my point?

She's knows they're not dogs but wishes they were!

So on a walk one day, I asked her what the dog said: "Uohh, uohh!" she said. I figured I'd try a cat. What does a cat say? And she screams this high pitched noise. Now she can roar like a lion and her newest sound...? A chicken. But the chick/en doesn't say cluck cluck. It says, "Pop, pop!"

Huh, you say?

Yeah, me too! But it's so cute!

So after much practice, here's a video of 4 sounds! We've added a cow since then! She did great at first, but
it's like she would look up at the camera and turn into a deer in headlights baby who was not about to show off! That's ok, you get to hear the animal sounds at the very beginning! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna!! I wish you were here right now. Bennett and I are playing in the basement and I came to your blog. I played your PRECIOUS video and she loved it and started doing all of the sounds with Addie. And then when you said "kiss" Bennett started kissing the computer and she was yelling "BOOK" at Addie. She has made me play the video three times and now I have to get her upstairs b/c she thinks your video is better than Elmo. I think she misses her friend, Addie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started playing this video, Abby (who was originally paying no attention to what I was doing), got a really excited look on her face and asked "Is that Miss Anna and Addie?" She loved watching Addie do her sweet little animal sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY ANNA! So glad you remember me!! HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT YOUR BLOG??!! It looks fantastic. It may take me awhile to catch on, so bare with me. Addie looks so much like Paul. He went to Samford too right?? Thanks for your comment. I'm gonna link to you to, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see her she looks so much more grown up and more and more like you Anna. xoxomargaret/gramma

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of those toys, too. Cats that Hannah knows say "hiss!" instead of meow, though. :)

    ReplyDelete