Wednesday, July 1

Wamsted-cation

Although a tad late on this post, we headed to Atlanta for father's day weekend to visit with some of Paul's family. To be more specific: Jay, his brother; Millie, Jay's wife; Kira, their daughter; and Mike, aka Grandpa or Paul's dad!

We've always enjoyed spending time with Paul's brother, Jay, and his wife, Millie. They fall into that category of relatives that you don't just love because they are related to you. You love them because of who they are...serious, fun, and real all rolled into one! We are so thankful that Addie has such an awesome aunt and uncle!

Well...add their absolutely precious 3 month old baby girl, Kira, into the picture plus Grandpa; and it doesn't get much better!


I mean...is she so stinkin' cute or what? Look at those eyes! Cheeks! Smile! Can you hear the coos and raspberry noises!?!?! I know I'm a tad biased being a first time aunt and all, but seriously people! Isn't she adorable!?!?!

Addie seemed pretty ambivalent about Kira, but there were certainly no negative feelings either!

There aren't many people that you will just loan your baby stuff to, but we've loved watching Kira enjoy some of Addie's clothes and gear. By the time we have another baby, we'll have anything and everything anyone could need or want for a baby between the two families...as long as it's another girl! {and no, that was not a hint at anything}

Kira's newest item of Addie's that she's enjoying is the Bumbo.

Addie never just loved the Bumbo; however, she did spend some time in it!

(and no, my child's skin is (and was) not this white and pasty...it's called built in FLASH. yuck!)

Grandpa's one stipulation for his two precious grandgirls has been for them to just sit on the couch with him, watch football or baseball {optional}, and take a sweet nap! As you can see, Grandpa got his wish below! Kira was sound asleep in the first picture and sleep wasn't too far off in the second one. I believe by the time she fell asleep, I had Grandpa's camera and was snapping away; so I missed it with mine.

We went to the farmer's market,

(and who could pass up the opportunity to take a picture with these adorable frogs!)
(Jay, I'm working on your individual shots with the frogs. will send soon :)

grilled out,
Kira was sitting in Paul's lap so sweetly...

...until I came along and plopped Addie in his lap too. Well, you see what Addie thought about the whole thing! Wouldn't have it! Two year old Fifteen month old tantrum caught on camera!

took a few naps, and had an all around relaxing weekend.

Now...how I managed not to get a single postable (is that a word?) picture of Millie or me is beyond me. The one I got of Millie might have been reason for disownment if I'd posted it though, and you know where I was...behind the camera; but I can assure you we were both there the whole time!

And not to save the best for last or anything, but I love seeing Grandpa with his girls! Ya think he loves these little girls just a tad?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Even when Addie breaks into a super-fake cry just for the attention!

Thanks for having us Jay and Millie! We loved our Wamsted vacation Wamsted-cation!

No comments:

Post a Comment