Monday, July 13


I did not just sit down and eat a whole roll of Ritz Crackers. I will not tell you how many that is...

I did not threaten to quit my photography class because this weeks lesson is i.m.p.o.s.s.i.b.l.e!

I did not consult 2 professional photographer friends regarding the above mentioned assignment. They did not (oh but they did) make me feel a million times better. Only then did I go out and shoot more bad pictures! I mean...I did not!

I did not buy Addie her first chunky puzzle this week (with credit we still have at a local store!) After squealing the dog and cat sound to me and showing me the bird sign (sign language!), she did not then promptly turn the puzzle sideways and get so frustrated, throwing her hands in the air (her help sign), while she attempted to open it like a book!!!

I did not find out that half my friends do number, animal, and other flashcards with their 16-18 month olds. I have a degree in education, part of it in early childhood. Where did I miss the fact that I need to be doing flashcards with my 16 month old? It did not make me doubt myself and wonder what else I was actually not doing that I should! Hmmmm...do not answer that!

So what did you not do this week?

Make sure to check out MckMama's blog and see what she's not been up to this week!

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I did not buy Addie that same dog, cat, and bird puzzle as a thank you gift! Oh well, I'll have to exchange it the next time I'm in Prattville :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flashcards? Seriously?!? Please understand that I mean no disrespect to the flashcarders, but Anna, you know good and well that you spend a great deal of each day teaching Addie the very things those flashcards teach simply in being with her and spending time with her. Who needs animal flashcards when you've got the zoo? And who needs number flashcards when you count her little fingers and toes and play "This Little Piggy"?
    You are a super, super, super Mommy, Anna, and no presence or lack of flashcard teaching can do anything to change that, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend David Elkind's The Hurried Child if you haven't already read it...education is a life long process and you know how much Addie is learning every day without flashcards. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Allison! We do use flashcards, but only because my sister used them with her first child and my Mom suggested that I get some. I never ever would have thought of it on my own. And really, there isn't anything on them that isn't in that word book that both Addie and Bennett have. And I think we all hear of things that other kids are doing that never occurred to us. I will read other blogs and I'm like, "Oh yeah.. she should probably be using a plate by now." And about the ritz crackers... at least it's not an entire bag of chips like your hormonal friend in Kansas. I guess my not for the week would be.. I did NOT let my daughter wear a dress that was way too long for her and did NOT watch her tumble down the stairs because the hem was coming out. Nope, not me. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with allison- you play with addie & show her things ALL the time. that's better than a flashcard anyday! do them if you want to, but don't feel like you should because others do. you're an awesome mommy already... as evidenced by your smarty pants baby girl!
    (i think you should know that the 'word verification' i'm being asked to type is "shitar." HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya'll are cracking ME up! i promise I'm not stressing over flashcards. i did get her some great touch and feel animal ones that she loves. it's not like i'm drilling her on them though. just use them like a book. no rushing this kid; she'd never have it! too strong willed! funny kid though! thanks for all the encouragement! ya'll have a great week!

    ReplyDelete