Monday, July 6

"Not Me!" Monday

It has not been another tough week.

My child did not wake up from her nap with a 102.5 degree fever on Wednesday. I did not wonder if she was hot before she went down and not take her temperature because I could not find the under arm thermometer. She did not refuse to let me take it in her ear. This did not send up red flags. She did not have a double ear infection and a summer virus!

Getting the antibiotic down is not worse than the fever ridden child.

On Friday, after moving some friends all morning, Addie and I did not decide to go to the park so Daddy could nap (of course, Mommy never naps...and I am not lying here!). After changing her clothes to leave, I did not find a huge rash all over her back and tummy. I did not call my best friend and mom inquiring about this. I did not decide to go show my mom. But in the midst of all this, Addie was not sitting in her car seat getting madder and madder and gagging herself. I did not ignore it like the pediatrician said. I did not want to tell her that if she kept it up and made herself throw-up that she would have to clean it up...because she's 15 months, you know! But she most certainly did NOT gag herself to the point of making herself throw-up. I did not just tell her she would have to wait until we got to Rie Rie's for me to clean her up (we were 2 minutes away). Upon getting to my mom's, I did not realize that the entire right side of her body, clothes, and car seat were soaked. I did not almost start gagging myself! I did not have to take the entire car seat out of the car, strip the cover off, and undo the belts. This apparently is not a no-no according to the users manual. I did not do it anyway because I had to!

Addie did not climb up in the chair in the living room. I am not going to make you wait until tomorrow before telling the rest of this story or the one from today either!

The police did not come to the house where we were celebrating the 4th of July. It was not (really...it wasn't) because we were loud and unruly. I am not going to make you wait on this story too...not me!

Oh yea, and our dog did not claw the back of the bathroom door where she resides when we are not at home while were out celebrating the 4th of July! She's a well behaved, always under control, calm and collected dog...right?

Now, what did you not do this week?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... haven't you had an eventful week!!! :) And the story's not even OVER yet?????

    I hope Addie is feeling back to her sweet self soon!!

    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseola? I remember when Jack had it, his temp hit 105...scary! I think Izzy might have had it this week, too. Just waiting to see if the rash shows up. I hope you had a fantastic dinner tonight!
    Love you,
    al

    ReplyDelete