Tuesday, July 21

Mondays Stink...

...well at least this one did.

It started off fine.

Got up. Dressed.

Dressed Addie.

Grabbed some on-the-go breakfast for both of us.

Took Paul to work.

Went to Publix.

Came home and fed Addie real breakfast.

Dishes. Started dishwasher. Started laundry. Folded clothes.

Played. Read. Played some more. Watched Praise Baby.

Put Addie down for a nap.

Lunch.

Are you bored yet...?

Well just wait...

Addie pooped on the potty. I'm dead serious! A friend wrote about her daughter doing the same thing; so I thought, why not! Whoohoo! Caught her in the act. Got her to the potty. And oh my word she was so proud of herself! (that was a good part of the day!)

Found bump on Abbey's neck had gotten bigger.

Called vet. Took Addie to my mom's.

Went to leave for the vet and my car wouldn't start.

Click. Click. Click. (dead battery)

Drove my mom's car to the vet.

Was told it was probably just a gigantic pimple, but the vet would come look at it. Semi-stopped worrying.

Vet came in. Stuck a needle in the bump. Abbey never budged.

Best dog ever.

Made a slide of contents of bump. Left room to view slide.

Vet returns with that look on his face.

Bump contains mast cells (aka: cancer).

Surgery to remove bump and send off for a path report scheduled for Wednesday (tomorrow).

Return to mom's to get Addie. Leave Abbey.

Jump off car.

Go to car dealership. Get new battery.

Enough play-by-play.

I've had worse Mondays. We all have. But this one goes down as not being a fun one.

Not at all.

I don't want to 1.) lose another dog and 2.) rack up another bill at the vet.

Monday's stink...at least this one did.

But I sure do love this face!

But this one most of all!

3 comments:

  1. Very clever post! I see you read Matt Logelin's blog too! ;) Sorry you had such a rotten day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Anna. I just got your e-mail and saw you sent it from your phone...are you at the vet's office right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Anna. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete