Wednesday, October 28

#Quick Update 2#

My friend Mandy (who, by the way, carted both girls back and forth to MMO yesterday in the rain! thank you so much!!!) recently updated her blog with a quick list of what has been happening in their lives. It was short, succinct, to the point and way easy to read!

So here's my much wordier attempt at that:
  1. Food is not my friend. After an entire day of trying to find me something to eat because I lost my dinner last night, my aunt finally boiled some red potatoes, peeled them, and mashed them with butter and salt. They are gone. I then made the mistake of making the yummiest milk shake with fresh strawberries this afternoon. It did not stay down. :/ My new staples: eggs, cheese toast, mashed potatoes, and chicken broth from cans of chicken and stars soup. Whatever works, right?
  2. My aunt, my mom's sister, otherwise known around here as Nana, is amazing. She met us here last Wednesday when we got home from the hospital in TN. In her words, we were in bad shape. She gave my mom a break. She stayed with my mom and worked like an I don't know what over here until Saturday morning, but I hardly knew she was here. She came back Tuesday to help me with Addie that afternoon and today. This time she came with a pot roast, turkey chili, spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, and twice baked potatoes...oh, and this corn bread that she supposedly "messed up" but tasted so yummy to me, and she's about to make more of it!!! She kept Addie for me this morning while I slept. She's done laundry and not dried what we don't dry. She's entertained a 19 month old and kept a very finicky pregnant woman semi-full. That last one is the biggest accomplishment of the week I believe. Thank you Nana for coming and quietly serving our family! We love you!
  3. Addie knows that if she hits, it's straight to time-out. One warning, not two, will land her there. She gets frustrated. I'm ok with that. I get frustrated. I'm ok if she screams or cries a little, but if she hits one of us or an animal, it's time-out. So now she hits herself. She'll bop herself upside the back of the head when she's mad. So what do we do with that...?
  4. Our dog, Abigail, is bad. She's counter surfed one too many times. She's taken food right out of Addie's hands one too many times. And she weaseled her way into getting two dinners last night, both complete with pumpkin (that's part of her diet)! Argh. We already have two kids, and we're adding two more. Help us!
  5. Pregnancy isn't pretty. I got rid of the majority of the morning sickness I had after the surgery. We really think it had to do with the ectopic pregnancy putting so much pressure on my tube. But I'm still nauseous. I gag at the drop of a hat. At one point, I was taking eight pills (along with a prenatal vitamin, baby aspirin and my progesterone shot). I took only two this morning. That's an accomplishment. I hate taking so much, and I'm thankful I can cut it down so significantly already.
  6. My incision is healing. It doesn't hurt half as much when I suddenly sneeze anymore.
  7. God is good. All the time. We continue to thank Him for each new day! He always provides. Always protects. And we praise His name on the good days and the hard ones!
Happy Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, girl- about #3. I am so there with you. I don't mind if Bennett hits a table out of frustration or shakes her head vehemently, but hitting the parents is an automatic time out. And she usually has about 3 a day. And then we have to hold her hands so she won't hit us in T.O. so then she will try to kick or head butt us. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing a little better! YAY for family who cook and clean and care for us when we're sick. That's the best ever.

    As for carting the girls in the rain yesterday...well, you do that all. the. time. So, you win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, plus I think we lost Addie's paci somewhere en route so I was (obviously) not as competent as you either. :-)

    ReplyDelete