Saturday, August 21

you know your 2 year old wants attention when she...

...fake {sneezes} repeatedly & has actually gotten pretty good at it.

...lays on the babies' play mat & plays w/ the dangling toys

...gets on a swing at a birthday party & yells "look at me, I'm swinging, look at me" while looking around at other mommies & continues to do so while ignoring your attempts to validate her...because she's more concerned about everyone else seeing her than you!
bIMG_2395
...fake cries while one of the babies is crying & it sounds almost identical "waaaah waaaah waaaah"

...runs to the potty, goes on her own & then yells for our friend: "Mr. Chad, I went teetee! Mr. Chad, come see!" (thankfully Mr. Chad also has a potty training two year old & none of this phases him!)
bIMG_2389
...walks up and takes a swing at a baby with her foot (& misses), then bops a baby on the head with her lovie. ...& then promptly kisses the baby on the head?

...after a firm talking, hits the baby again. & when asked why replies with, "because I need a spanking." (Well that's affective now isn't it?)

...is told: "if you choose to put that ball in your mouth again, I will take it away from you." Five minutes later, announces "Mommy, I put it in my mouth!!!" "I guess that means I have to take it away from you..." & she willingly surrenders the ball? (This type of incident has happened on several occasions...like jumping on the big chair in the living room or putting a bead in her mouth).

...demands her paci in the car and when she doesn't get it, pitches one major {fit}, requiring me to pull over twice to threaten her with her life and prevent her from flailing her head into the sides of her car seat (i kid you not)! all of a sudden its quiet and AP starts to cry. We look back to discover Addie has taken Anne Perry's paci & put it in her own mouth with the paci clip dangling. You can imagine the fit that proceeded from there.
bIMG_2400
I can promise you that Addie does in fact get lots of attention even if she doesn't want anyone to know that! I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that I can't meet everyone's immediate needs 24/7 though, but that they will eventually be met! Thankfully, I have the best husband in the world {not bragging, promise}, but we will forever be outnumbered. So everyday, I work to make sure I have some one-on-one time with each of our girls, no matter how minuscule it might seem at the time. Sometimes I'm successful, other times not so much. I'm pretty sure our girls are getting ample attention from Mommy and Daddy though...at least that's what I tell myself!

Jesus loves me this I know. 
For the Bible tells me so. 
Little ones to Him be long. 
They are weak but He is strong!

2 comments:

  1. Why does this post just make me feel so better about toddlerhood???!!! It just helps to know I am not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a book in here or at least a good country song...."I Guess That's Why They Call It the Two's" comes to mind. xomargaret

    ReplyDelete