We did not travel to 3 major cities over 2 states driving approximately 300 miles in less than 10 hours on Christmas Eve, stopping in Atlanta to celebrate Christmas for the 3rd of 5 times! We'd never drag a baby that far in one day. Nope...not us!
My daughter did not promptly throw up all down the front of her Christmas dress right before we walked into the very large Christmas Eve party for her to meet many of her cousins for the first time. I had not waited to dress her until we walked out the door. Had it been 6 months ago, I would certainly not have put a half naked baby in the car only to cloth her as I pulled her from her car seat. But at 9 months...who'd have thought she'd decide that one of her three times she'd throw up in the last week would be right then. I also didn't have a spare Christmas dress in her bag just in case. I'd never be that OCD...now would I?
I was not asked not once, not twice, but three times over the Christmas holidays when we were planning to have another child! Our baby is only 9 months old. Besides, does anybody really need to know that but us? I certainly didn't shrug my shoulders and say, "we'll see."
And...I didn't come home and promptly get a 24 hour stomach bug, confining me to the bed all day Saturday. We didnt have fun plans with our friends Saturday night that had to be canceled, and I didn't have a zillion and one things that needed to done around the house either. I was certainly not completely at the mercies of my husband and mother to care for both myself and our daughter. I was, however, quite thankful for both of them!!!
I did not let my daughter watch three rounds of Praise Baby yesterday either! I was not zapped of all energy from being sick. I'd never let my child watch TV, let alone that much TV in one day! Nope...not me!
Make sure to check out MckMama's blog. She's taking a "Not Me!" Monday sabbatical, but she's had quite the week!
What have you not done this past week? I do hope your Christmas was Christ centered, stress free, and blessed! Happy Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment