Friday, December 19

9 Months!


It's already time for another one of those milestones. You know: birth, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year, 18 months, two, five, ten, thirteen, sixteen, eighteen...? Ok, ok ...I'm getting waaaaaaay ahead of myself!

NINE MONTHS! This sweet baby girl has been in our lives for 9 whole months. It seems like both a lifetime and that she was just born yesterday!

So what's she been up to?

Well...here are her "specs" for her appointment today:
height: 29 inches (from 27.25 at 6 months)
weight: 23lbs (from 19.8 at 6 months)
head: 47 cm*(from 45 at 6 months)
*much to everyone's surprise, our daughter's head is in all actuality not 47 inches as I initially reported (that's almost 4 feet for those of you who are mathematically challenged) in circumference but rather 47 centimeters! thanks to josh and allison for sweetly helping us realize that ;)
our little "cabbage patch" kid


According to the chart (that she continues to be "off of"), she's about the size of a 19 month old in the 75th %ile. That's a 19 month old on the larger end of the spectrum too. That would explain why her 18 month old clothes fit significantly better than any of her 6-12 month, 9 month or even her 12 month clothes! And it would also explain why someone asked me "how old is she...about 15 months?" huh? :) The pediatrician wasn't concerned at all about her size though. She said she was proportional and that her motor and verbal skills were right on (even a little advanced...yes, she really used that word. i'm not making it up :)

A few of her favorite things are:
  • pulling up and holding on
  • creeping (army crawling fast)
  • pulling up to her knees but no crawling with them yet
  • more cheerios, more cheerios, more cheerios
  • waving! (she's quickly developing a little princess wave ;)
  • singing and dancing
  • her lovey!
  • her puppy dog
  • watching people
and...talking, talking, talking!
a few of her 1sts:
  • thanksgiving
  • sitting on Santa's lap
  • Christmas tree
  • big people food
Addie and Abbey


A few of her parent's favorite things:
  • much better napping!!!
  • better sleeping at night
  • putting herself right to sleep (do you see a trend here)
  • great eater!
  • soon to be eating what we eat!
  • the smiles!
  • the laughing!
  • the expressions!
I had the hardest time getting Addie to smile (or even look at me as I was furiously shaking a toy above my head) when I was attempting to take some pictures today. She was far more interested in eating dirt! But when a family with another little girl walked by...the above was her reaction. You can see in the 1st frame where she notices them. Then she just grinned and grinned. Then she was so confused as to why they were not sticking around. It was pretty cute I thought.

I often hear other parents say things like: "just wait until..." and I want to look at them and say...I'm ok waiting! And then others say..."it goes so fast. enjoy every minute of it." And we try everyday to do just that!


5 comments:

  1. She is so gorgeous! I can't believe she's 9 months old already! We are VERY accustomed to people thinking our child is older than she is! Right before she turned 1, someone asked me if she was two!! And is hasn't stopped since - as indicated in that my 27 month old -2 yr. old- is wearing 4T clothes! It's funny how similar they are- at 9 months Savannah was 22 pounds and 30 inches! Don't worry, I asked the doctor about her being "off the charts" too and of course they are just perfect as they are! Addie is just so adorable! We miss you both terribly! Hope you are doing well! Love you bunches!- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that last picture is priceless! LOVE IT! And secondly, her head is 47 inches? Really?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? I seriously think they measured Bennett's head incorrectly. They wrote down that her head circumference was 16 3/4. That cannot be right if Addie's is 47. Their heads look about the same, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that little girl!!! i can't believe that she's almost one... which means that caroline is almost THREE! March 18... crazy.
    Julia is a big girl, too- i think it's a huge blessing. i can't imagine the worry when children are considered too small or not "thriving." even when things turn out okay- it's just another big stress & concern for parents who just want to take good care of their baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Anna! i am happy to hear about the napping...James has been on somewhat of nap strike?! I think it may be coming to an end....but I am scared to jinx it!!!
    She is adorable, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete